.
It was a regular morning. I was making oatmeal and fruits for the kiddlings. Mr. BFWF went out to get a new plunger because once again the kids threw wipies down the loo. And this time, the plunger broke as he tried to send it all down the drain.
When he returned he showed me the new plunger.
Unexpectedly, I shivered.
I didn't expect that reaction from me but somehow this scene threw me back to way back when when the Fine guys in blue in NYC sodomized a hapless Haitian man (Abner Louima) inside a jail. They thrusted a plunger into him. It happened long ago and many may have forgotten this story -I did. Until I saw the plunger.
Keeping quiet as the whole family ran upstairs to watch Papa deal with the bathroom, I wondered if I wanted to share this ugly memory with Mr. BFWF. **sigh** The hardship and suffering people endure. Its a wonder. Its a wonder we are all still sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment