Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mild Rant: Kids w/a Need to feel Powerful

.
Please forgive me, but I have to get this off my chest.


But how come when my kids play with a certain (white) group of kids, they always play some sort of police game in which my kids get arrested and tied up? Is that normal? Should I not be worried? They always seem to be on a power trip, I feel, but it could be my own distrust seeing too much...

2 comments:

tertiaryanna said...

How old are your children, and how do they feel about the game? They may be uncomfortable, but not yet know how to express that. I think it would bother me, but I don't have children of my own and so I haven't observed this kind of play.

Miriam said...

Hi Tertiaryanna,

My kids seem to be laughing. But my kids tend to be overly accommodating even when they are pinned down, etc. So I sort of have to watch out for them. I just can't stand seeing them tied up by some white kid. lol. Maybe its all my own issues

Only one of my daughters (Yael) just won't tolerate that type of behavior. Thank goodness.