Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Boot

Question:

What do you do when someone wants to put a boot on your neck?

Another question:
Why do Black folks have such a hard time teaming up and accomplishing? Well, that's not really my question. My real question is why do they keep trying to despite the history that they have a hard time teaming up and accomplishing.  Am I wrong about that?

There is a midrash /saying that goes like this:

So G-d decided to make man and called his servants, Truth, Peace and Kindness.

He asked them, "Well, I have decided to make man! What do you think about that?"

Truth was vehemently against it. "No, Your Majesty! Don't do it! They will full of falsehood!"

Peace was vehemently against it. "No, Your Honore, Don't do it! They will have endless strife!"

Kindness was completely for it.  "Yes!!! Master do it!! They will do unbelievable kindnesses for each other!"

And so, G-d took Truth and cast him down to the ground and went and made Man.  The end.

So what we got here???

We got Man who was made from the stuff where Truth is hidden.  Truth is down here, on the ground with us.  Maybe I should walk around barefoot more and absorb it? lol.

I think people tend to hold Black folks to truth alot more stringently.  Do we have a tighter connection to truth? Or is it because people want to "smear" us with the "dirty Truth" and so they hold us to an exacting measure?

My mind is spinning.  

What do you do when someone wants to put their boot on your neck?

( If its my neck that I feel is in trouble... the mitzvah connected to neck is not doing idol worship. )

No comments: