Thursday, June 21, 2012

Soap box moment

My soap box. Bear with me... Many black Jews i've met online would more than quickly side with the Blacks in any given story, it seems.  And if the perpetrators are undeniably wrong, then the story is swept under the rug, or the story teller is attacked.  And most white Jews- would probably side with the Jew. Plus the added fear of potential racism rearing its head can cause a Black Jew to not be "too comfy" planting themselves firmly on the side with many white Jews and few black Jews.  But then many black Jews it seems would more quickly side with the Blacks in any given story.  Its like good middot... there are horrific goons waiting on either side and the one who wants to, tries to -at least- to be good has to balance... like a fiddler on the roof?

4 comments:

C Yocheved said...

Ugh, I really understand this! I just read a headline (I think on Jewishpress.com) about how Alice Walker - someone I used to admire - is all anti-semetic and anti-Israel. Now I just see her as "one of them" (the bad guys)
sigh!

Miriam said...

the one thing i actually liked about the whole muslim terrorist plaguing the world was that I had hoped that now people could see that its the ideology inside the person that makes them bad or good, and not the skin color. That its a spiritual thing, not physical.

but apparently, its not working.

C Yocheved said...

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/baltimore-jewish-youth-gets-three-years-probation-for-assaulting-black-teen/2012/06/28/

I don't even know what to comment...

Miriam said...

oh yes! I remember that story. the guy was just walking through the neighborhood late at night and those Jewish boys were harrassing him.

(if I remember correctly)