Monday, May 14, 2012

Interesting blogs

Some blogs i've discovered...

http://undergroundwellness.com/
I really enjoy this, especially since i've become more and more interested in alternative medicine, herbs, natural eating, etc. lots of interviews, cool guy, great topics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmTBnhOXufg
Dimtry Orlov. He has a blog, but I was just interested in this interview. For the first time, I am glad to hear someone NOT saying that you need to amass gold and silver for when the economy crashes. Instead, he says we need to learn up a skill, dressmaking, shoemaking, plumbing, electrician...something that will be useful and can serve as a money source. And no one can steal this.

http://www.humeseeds.com/openpol.htm
This is just a list of non-hybrid vegetables ---and you can purchase the seeds on that website as well. Seeds that produce seeds! real food.

8 comments:

C Yocheved said...

Sean Croxton from Underground Wellness is great! I've been listening to his show for years. There are a lot of other great paleo/traditional food books/blogs/podcasts that I can share with you if you'd like! :-)

Miriam said...

yes yes yes!! please do. it is such a good motivation for me.

Thank you.

C Yocheved said...

Sorry to be slow!
www.chriskresser.com - he's amazing, very smart guy. his postcast is called Revolution Health Radio. Another podcast is The Paleo Solution, by Robb Wolf - robbwolf.com. www.marksdailyapple.com is a GREAT site. www.paleohacks.com is helpful for any questions you may have. Lots of smart folks over there. Another really good podcast is Latest in Paleo by Angelo Coppela - same website name. I'm really into podcasts if you couldn't tell. :-) :-)
Paleo Comfort Foods is a nice cookbook. NOT kosher, but the stuff that is kosher is really yummy. I got a really great barbeque sauce recipe from it. There's no dairy (which we do eat sometimes) and NO sugar, which is great.
Of course, Sean Croxton has a podcast, Underground Wellness, that is a lot of fun also. Don't know if you know about it. And Sally Fallon's book, Nourishing Traditions, is not paleo, but is a very good cookbook.
:-)

Miriam said...

Thanks so much C. Y.

I do have Sally FAllon's book. and I want to check out those other websites/podcast. I realize that as long as i keep up just hearing about it, it motivates me to make healthier choices.

my sister has a blog on healthy eating "Living essence" if you ever want to check it out. "http://living-essence.blogspot.com/"

Miriam said...

living essence

oh wow. I almost forgot how to do the link code.

C Yocheved said...

Your sister has a beautiful blog! Col hakvod to you two. Every blog I've ever started has been eventually abandoned. :-)

Miriam said...

C Y.

Thanks! I will pass on the message!

Shabbat Shalom & chag sameach!

Miriam said...

oh and u should know I have like 2 or 3 defunct blogs strewn about on the internet lol. so this is a "mazal tov" b'H.