Monday, March 28, 2011

Earthquake in the North, None Hurt - Inside Israel - Israel News - Israel National News

Earthquake in the North, None Hurt - Inside Israel - Israel News - Israel National News

Hey! I didn't feel a thing!

There was an earthquake in J'lem a few years ago, back when I lived there. I remember I was in bed and then the bed just kinda went like a wave passed through it. That was scary. It only occurred to me later that maybe I better get out of the house or go near a door post or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shalom Miriam,
As a native Angeleno I am very used to earthquakes and they don't faze me.I've laid in bed and as we shook,simply looked over the side to see if the earth would open up.LOL.That was when I was in junior high school.It's funny what we can get used to!.

On the serious side.We do sit on the Afro-Syrian rift which is a known and active fault line and most in Israel have no idea that we could have a serious earthquake.So it's not too far out to prepare in case of an emergency.

Miriam said...

Shalom!

One thing I can't get used to, is when Israelis all gather around the bomb squad trying to handle a suspicious object. lol!! I'd be running the other way.

I do need to have a plan in case. I hope it never happens, but it would be wise to be prepared. I though I remember learning something about standing at a doorpost. I need to do some research on that.