Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Baby got weight!

If I carried a virtual banner stating that all BW should begin moving to the south and date BM only... or move the north and go for only WM... Or perhaps the east for AM... would anyone follow?

Okay. What if Maya Angelou said it? Barack Obama??? Hillary?

What makes a voice have strength vs another voice not having any? I once posted on a Jewish blog and it totally went unheard. Another poster posted the exact same idea and the host was gushing! Wow! you really know your stuff!! It was amusing, but it did make me think.

I just read a recent comment on Sara's blog. Anonymous said:

"sara are you saying that if a man has a little drug problem we should dump him and not look back? If we black women are not in his corner -who will be?"


I'm thinking, after all these powerful IR Queens have spoken, someone should still be thinking like this?!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

I was tempted to say I've heard all BUT I know at some point something really dumb will surpass this. Little drug problem. PLEASE.

diva said...

"little drug problem"?! I think people need to separate offering help and being in a relationship. Nothing wrong with helping those in our community that need assistance, but THEY have to take the initiative THEMSELVES and you should not get involved with them on a relationship level.

Grata said...

The world will never run out of foolishness. Just keep that mind and you will have less headaches.

Los Angelista said...

Um, there's no such thing as a little drug problem.

Miriam said...

Pamela -Okay?! That's what I;m thinking.

Diva - You just hit a very important point! separating a relationship vs help.

Grata - True words. this was giving me a major headache.

Liz - Exactly!! lol

Soila. said...

"sara are you saying that if a man has a little drug problem we should dump him and not look back? If we black women are not in his corner -who will be?"


HEHE HEHE. PITIFUL. SERIOUSLY PITIFUL.

Miriam said...

Soila - okay?! I just had to read it over and over. I could believe my eye!

Kaytea said...

She was definately being sarcastic.